Click here to return to Pandora's Box
Click here to return to IR Index
Click here to return to Main Index
SEARCH MEDLINE FOR insulin resistance thyroid
- Bakker et al(2001) showed that the relationship between thyrotropin and low density lipoprotein cholesterol is modified by insulin sensitivity in healthy euthyroid subjects.
- Gonzalo et al(1996) stated that the inter-relationships between insulin sensitivity and body weight in patients with hyperthyroidism was incompletely understood. The authors' research showed that overall glucose tolerance was not significantly affected in normal weight hyperthyroid women. However, when a moderate excess of weight was also present, a state of clear insulin resistance occurred.
- Hess et al 1998 Endocrinopathies in a dog : viz diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance, hyperadrenocorticism, hypercholesterolemia & hypothyroidism
- Jenkins et al (2000) showed that in hyperthyroidism thyroid hormones i)directly increase fasting insulin-like growth factor binding-protein-1 (IGFBP-1) concentration ii)but acute regulation of IGFBP-1 by insulin is normal and iii)that elevated fasting phosphorylated IGFBP-1 concentration is associated with insulin resistance.
- Viguerie et al 2002 The down-regulation of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1c, a transcription factor controlling lipogenic gene expression, may constitute a link between thyrotoxicosis and insulin resistance.